All applications for admission to the Corps. should be submitted in to the Office Manager at the Key Largo Volunteer Ambulance Building, 98600 Overseas Highway, Key Largo, FL 33037, Monday – Friday from 8:30 am to 3:00 PM., or faxed to the building at (305) 451-1562. In addition, applications can be presented in person to the board during the Corps’ monthly business meeting on the First Tuesday of month at 6:30 PM, upstairs at the KLVAC building.
All applications will be reviewed for:
- Training & Credentialing: All candidates must submit copies of current training/credentialing & Valid BLS for Healthcare Providers CPR Certification Cards (KLVAC can provide this class if your CPR card has expired).
- Valid Drivers License: Driver’s license records will be reviewed for Suspensions, Revocations, and for charges of excessive moving violations.
- Proof of Automobile Insurance: All applicants/members must maintain automobile insurance to run with KLVAC.
- Criminal Background Checks: Candidates with Felony Convictions or Misdemeanors involving Moral Interpetude may be denied membership with our organization. Applicants with criminal past backgrounds history can appeal to the board for special consideration.
- Please include copies of your driver’s license, EMT License or First Responder Certification, Automobile Insurance, CPR Card, Emergency Vehicle Operations Certificate (EVOC) if your have one, the signed Background Check Authorization form, and your signed Application in order to expedite your admission into the Corps.
Once your application is reviewed/approved by the Chief/Operations Manager, the EMT Supervisor will be notified, and you will be contacted to sign-up for shifts.
Applications will be accepted at any time but are only held on file for three months.